Monday, July 27, 2026

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Hot and Dry (Again)

      I'd love to tell you we've been up to exciting things -- but we haven't, unless you count taking care of the dogs, putting stuff away, washing clothes...and working on reports. It's still hot here -- and for extra fun, hard to breathe. (Too much humidity, Son #1 says.) It just feels 'dull;' I can't explain it any other way.

     A lightning storm is flashing the skies all around us tonight. Hopefully that means rain.


Meanwhile:

He's built a business removing squatters!  Some interesting ideas here.

Here's what Wilt Chamberlin's old warmup jacket went for.

A six-pack of beer changed this 82-year-old pilot's life forever. Now his case is at the Supreme Court. 

A 'lost' 17th century garden plan reappears... thanks to an ongoing drought in Britain.

An excellent 'how I made it through my divorce' twofer from The Frugal Girl:  Part I and Part II.

As you might know, Gentle Readers, I am not a big fan of divorce. Too often, it occurs when the partners could have worked something out -- and come out better for it. But there are times this just isn't going to work, especially when one (or both) partners are unfaithful. The Mama was divorced, and for good reason. It happens.

Lottery winners pestered by their families --


The loud (and sometimes strident) 'Christian' mom/activist -- who was hiding a secret. 

Some ancient royal tombs reveal a surprising secret! I'll give you a hint: think 'higgledy-piggledy.'

What a family needs to live a middle-class lifestyle in San Francisco... according to Financial Samurai, at least. Any guesses? He says $408,000/yr!

Have a good week. Stay cool.




No comments:

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Hot and Dry (Again)

       I'd love to tell you we've been up to exciting things -- but we haven't, unless you count taking care of the dogs, puttin...