We've had a visitor stop by the past few weeks. Not that we've seen him, but our trash can has been dumped over and pawed through. And I'm guessing, from the times the dogs have been Very Concerned, that he's stopped by more than that.
Our neighbor texted -- we've got a black bear in the neighborhood. Maybe two.
The Brick notified the neighborhood chain, just in case. One neighbor thinks that the drought has forced these guys down; another neighbor could care less. But I would hate for Bo, Tiger or our granddog Freya to become the next snack.
It's still hot and dull. We've gotten a bit of rain, but the forecast suggests we'll get a lot more this week. Dare I hope?
Meanwhile:
"Love Me, Hate Me, Just Don't Ignore Me:" What Terrell Owens is doing nowadays.
A new website -- for the original Gee's Bend Quilters. Take a look.
A visit to an old friend: Brin at Messy Thrilling Life. I just wish she'd post more updates...
Making a home out of an abandoned general store. I'd love to try this, but the Brick is not a fan.
The best free events in New York City.
Thousands of structures are there, hiding under the rainforest in the Amazon.
Two of Saint Augustine's sermons discovered -- after 1600 years! (They were written over by another sermonizer.)
Gee's Bend Quilts, reinterpreted by Ralph Lauren? At least the collaboration is with people associated with the original quiltmakers.
One of the stranger commercials I've ever seen: Mikhail Baryshnikov and Lil Buck shill fashion in this 2015 offering.
Cambridge's youngest professor is no more -- he resigned. Just in time, ironically, for his memoir to hit the bookstands. One review mentioned all the OTHER Great Accomplishments he did (or didn't?) and called it a piece of "mythic proportions." I'm betting it's full of it, all right.
And finally:
Today's basic advice on Bored Panda:
"If you tuck one pant leg into your sock, people stop expecting much from you."
So there you go.
Have a great week.



No comments:
Post a Comment