Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ad Doings...

You can see, from the evidence left by posts last night, my first serious brush with AD POLLUTION. Hopefully you weren't hanging about here last night...but after I'd mentioned Annie L had a p------, suddenly ads for a certain part of the male anatomy dominated the blog!

Sigh.

And I couldn't get rid of them until the last (very silly) post, which re-oriented the key words to something more G-rated. Late last night, the ads suddenly switched to...

Disneyland.

What a jump, huh.

And I learned my lesson. Never talk about certain things with double meanings unless I'm suitably vague about them.

I don't mind having ads on this blog that may be of help to you. (We took a similar tack on the Brickworks website.) Income from this is truly minimal -- it doesn't even pay for website hosting costs. It's when 'interesting' ads suddenly show up -- ones that I wouldn't let in my home, let alone out to you -- then I begin tearing my hair out.

So thanks for being patient. This has been the only time it's ever happened, in years of blogging. And thanks to avoiding certain key words, it should be the last time.

* * * * *

The flu has let up, thank God. It was just a quickie, apparently, though the Brick got to enjoy his few days of it, too. He's outside on the back deck, working away at the chainsaw. One of our buddies noticed a cut-down cottonwood and a 'free firewood' sign...so this afternoon, you can guess what we'll be doing!

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...