Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hail Yes...Or No?

Didja miss me? I've been appraising in Cheyenne, WY for the past three days. It sounds like it's forever and away, over the plains. Well, it is -- but only a two-hour trip. On the drive home tonight, the poor Jeep Cherokee got pelted with golfball-sized hail...yeowch.

The debate: if I stop and wait, then won't I just have to drive through the storm again when I catch up with it?
OR
If I keep going (albeit slowly), will it do less damage in the long run?

About half the people stopped. The other half, including truckers (and me), kept going slowly and eventually outdistanced the storm.

I was a lucky woman. The windshield is still intact (though I don't know how), and there are only a few scratches on the hood and one suspect dent on the top of the Jeep. Where it doesn't show.

whew.

I'll be back in touch tomorrow. Hope you're enjoying yourself this weekend. And one final note:

Happy 23rd Birthday, Daughter #1! I love you so much, and wish you well on this special day.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...