Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Good Stuff!

Yes, I have other things to do...but this is the first time in weeks I've not had a Huge Pressing Deadline on my back. So surfing the 'net feels like fun.

Not that I don't have two rooms to clean out, so Mom and Cuz Joy actually have a place to sleep when they visit next week...

Anyways, here's the first: a New York Times article on dumpster swimming. You read that right! People in New York City are cleaning out and lining dumpsters, then making them into temporary swimming pools.

Weird, but brilliant!

And here's a shoe garden for plants...a hanging shoe caddy that holds plants.


(and thanks, Tracey at Frugal Luxuries, and her buddy at Dirtdujour!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fab, the dump swimming!

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...