Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Twenty (Er, 35) Questions

    Mama Pea, who I discovered via my Brit friends, is asking fellow bloggers for answers to these questions -- odd ones, some of them, but sure, fine.


1)  Do you like blue cheese?
      Are you nuts? That stuff tastes spoiled. (Though my mom loves it)

2)  Have you ever smoked?
      One puff on a cigarette butt I picked up as a kid. It was so nasty, I never tried it again. (The Brick smoked for a while during the Navy -- both daughters have. One still does, but wants to quit.)

3)  Do you own a gun?  
      Yes.

4)  What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite?
      Red punch -- but I rarely have any.

5)  Do you get nervous before dental appointments?
      Yes, absolutely -- but we have a kind dentist who is also a long-time friend.

6)  What do you think of hot dogs?
      I love them: if deli or all-beef, or served Chicago style, even better.

7)  What's your favorite Christmas movie?
      Scrooge. Or Trading Places. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation comes up there, too.

8)  What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
      The Brick's strong, hot coffee -- with plenty of milk.

9)  Can you do push-ups?
      Maybe a couple, but I look like a doofus.

10)  What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
        Piece-s. My gold wedding ring -- a beautiful blue larimar necklace -- and several cuff bracelets. 

11)  What's your favorite hobby?
        Quilting.  Cooking. Music. Mysteries and unusual stories.

12)  Do you have A.D.D.?
        I doubt it -- too absent-minded.

13)  Do you wear glasses or contacts?
        Yes, since third grade. I thought EVERYONE saw things blurry, before that.

14)  What's your middle name?
        Joan -- after a much-loved cousin a year older.

15)  What are your thoughts at this moment?
        It's evening -- where's all that work I was going to get done today?

16)  Name 3 drinks you regularly consume.
        Coffee, strong tea... and Kahlua in milk.

17)  What is a current worry of yours?
        How I'm going to finish up the year-end stuff -- and still get ready for Christmas festivities.

18)  What do you currently hate?
        I don't think I 'hate' anything right now. 

19)  Where is your favorite place to be?
        By the fireplace -- when the Brick gets the woodstove insert installed.

20)  What do you plan on doing on New Year's Eve this year?
        Staying home with my darling Brick and the dogs, eating pizza and watching cowboy movies. (Daughters #1 and #2 usually work...or go to parties. So New Year's Day is quiet for us, too.)

21)  To where would you like to travel?
        Ecuador! Or Austria, with stops in Paris and Albania, on the way. (Maybe Ireland, too.)

22)  Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their
        blog.
        Not a clue.

23)  Do you own slippers?
        I do -- but I don't wear them much. Usually go barefoot.

24)  What color shirt are you wearing?
        Pale blue robe. (Hey, it's blizzarding. We slept in.)

25)  Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
        Tried once -- but you slide out of the bed. I'm not a fan.

26)  Can you whistle?
        Yes, but not impressively.

27)  What is your favorite color?
        Cobalt blue. But I never wear it -- only decorate with it.

28)  What songs do you sing in the shower?
        Whatever I wake up thinking about. Currently, it's been Christmas carols, or praise & worship songs. (Or whatever the Brick is mewing at the moment -- he has a habit of doing this for the songs on HIS mind.) 

29)  Would you be a pirate?
        Why not -- provided I wouldn't get stuck in the galley, doing all the cooking.

30)  What's in your pocket right now?
        A toothpick.

31)  What's the last thing that made you laugh?
       That silly Brick, mewing. (See question #28.)

32)  What vehicle do you drive?
        A gray 2011 Outback. Or our workhorse, a tan 2000 Jeep Cherokee. (We have a motorcycle too, but it needs repairs.)

33)  What's the worst injury you've ever had?
        A torn-up hand, from a climbing accident in college. (I was belaying a rope for a student who fell...if I let go, he would have gone down faster. So I held on, and let the rope abrade away my hand.) I needed skin grafts to cover the damage, but they were so successful that I grow hairs on the INSIDE of my hand, as well as on the outside! (Think about it.) Also scars from the rope will be forever around my waist. No worries -- in spite of a very long fall, the student's injuries were minimal: a cracked pelvis. He recovered quickly, thank God. 

34)  Do you love where you live?
        I love parts of where I live (Colorado, south of Denver). There are just Too Many People here now, though. 

35)  Would you change your first name if you could?
        Yes...but to what? 

    My own question: Mama, since you're from Minnesota, why are you using a central British blog to post? Hmmm...

Now it's your turn to answer these, if you're interested. (Use the comments area -- or use my post as a link for your blog. Or Facebook page.)





1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I have a couple/few readers who are from across the big pond . . . and they picked up the questions from my blog which is, and always has been, right here in Minnie-soda. Thank you for joining the fun and posting your answers!

Happy holidays to you and yours!

Monday Stuff On the way to Other Stuff: Meltdown

     The nice thing about Colorado is that we have these horrendous snowstorms -- and within a few days, they're melting off -- fast. Al...