I hope you've taken a minute and made a generous contribution to any of the Haitian relief organizations. We are so rich, compared to many other countries -- couldn't you go without a dinner out, or another pair of new shoes, and help out a family, instead?
Our church took up an offering for Compassion International this morning -- many have been sponsoring kids there and elsewhere in the world. (We have two sons ourselves through Compassion -- Jao in Brazil, and Nelson in Africa.)
Some bloggers have been offering to donate extra for every comment you make -- check out this list, thanks to Coupon Cravings. Iit's a great way to stretch your time in extra funds.
Our money will be going to Samaritan's Purse this weekend -- more than we had originally planned to give, but less than I wish... these people so desperately need help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment