Monday, January 18, 2010

The Pantry Challenge -- Over (But Not Over!)

I am a bad girl.

Tonight's $29-and-change total at King Soopers pushed me over the $50 limit for this month by about $10-15. It was my fault -- KS had a bunch of specials, including a coupon for a free pizza, good only through today. I also picked up three Marie Callender frozen meals -- they were on sale, I had a $1.50 coupon off, and Husband loves them. (He'll also eat them, instead of spending much more on fast food, while I'm out on a gig.)

Considering these coupons were going to expire (use 'em or lose 'em) -- and we've had house guests for the past two weeks, I don't feel terrible about going over. But it will still be lean pickins' for the rest of the month. We have a lot in the freezer and on pantry shelves that needs to be used up.

I found out something accidentally -- if you absentmindedly bring in a competitor's coupons (like Safeway), your local King Soopers may very well honor them, too!

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...