A scrap metal dealer buys a "thing" solely for its value in precious metal...
flogs it repeatedly, but no one is interested...
researches it for himself. Soon realizes this is...
one of eight missing Faberge eggs, made for the Tsar and his family, which disappeared during the Russian Revolution.
Value: millions and millions of dollars. Priceless, actually.
Wow.
(Here's another version of the story, but with a wonderful attached slideshow of other ancient finds.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment