Thursday, June 11, 2020

'I Only Kneel For God'

That's what this Georgia state trooper, O Neal Saddler, said, when asked to kneel in solidarity during a protest...


His full statement:

“If I didn’t have any respect, I wouldn’t [be here],” Saddler explained. “I was supposed to be out of town this weekend with my wife. I took off today, this weekend, but I’m out here to make sure y’all are safe.”
He added, “Don’t go there with respect, OK? I have much respect, but I only kneel for one person.”
Someone in the crowd replied: “And that’s God,” which the trooper confirmed: “God.”
Trooper Saddler is seen speaking in this link.
Me too, Sir. Me, too.

Should it matter that the trooper has dark skin? It shouldn't...
Black Lives Matter, yes. But they matter, TOO. I have respect for other colors, other people as well.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...