Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exhaustion

The garage roof is bare...sort of. It's been scraped clean, and we're starting to staple up the black tarpaper...two rounds of it before we got chased off, due to rain.

Daughter #1 was scraping away with me, talking about her new guy...and another kid, fresh from the Army reserves (and looking toward going to Iraq in 2010, a fact that doesn't seem to bother him...but did me) was shoveling away the extra bits and pieces.

Every part of me ached when we started, but somehow it wasn't so bad when we finished.

Except my wrists and hands.

It hurts to type.

Whine, whine.

We start on the house tomorrow. Daughter #1 is back for more punishment (I mean work), and hopefully our young Army friend will be there, too. Dave enjoys having a fellow military man to talk to. (Dave spent 6 years in the Navy, and comes from a military family.)Yes, we'll be laboring.

Have a happy restful Labor Day for yourself, though!

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...