Saturday, April 29, 2017

Spring? What Spring??

As of early Saturday afternoon, we have more than a foot of snow on the ground -- and it's still coming down.



It literally happened that way. 

Friday morning, clear and warm. Friday afternoon, the clouds started coming in -- and it commenced to snow at 4:30 p.m.
    By 6 p.m. or so, the snow was sticking.



IF it comes...

I'm not surprised. This is typical for us -- and Colorado. I did get the garden bed of greens and peas covered, and brought in the flowers I bought this week. (Fortunately, they weren't planted yet.)

Temps are down in the 20s. Our power flickered on and off several times last night, but never went completely out. We're warm and snug -- and maybe a bit drowsy. A good day to stay in.






1 comment:

Barbara said...

Of course you and the rest of us who have lived in Colorado for a long time have seen this before. (the snow)

I remember it being particularly repetitive in 1995, the year we moved to Orlando from Colorado Springs. We were waiting till school was out to move, so as we prepared, the snow and slush just kept coming all through April and May. It was depressing but we knew warmer days were ahead with our move.

We are repeating that scene this year. Tom and I put a contract on a house in Jacksonville, FL just last week and we intend to put our house here on the market next week. I'm purging and cleaning, as you are.

I look forward to following the ins and outs of your adventure on your blog as I tell my own story on my blog.

Blessings to you.

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...