Just read online that CK Media sold its quilting titles -- including Quiltmaker, McCall's Quilting and Quilter's Newsletter. Other titles produced at the Golden, CO office were also part of the buy. (They've been on the market for a while now.)
What makes my heart drop about this?
A massive layoff was announced for the Golden office (as well as the Ogden, UT office) -- which means that I will have friends losing their jobs. Good friends.
I need to make some phone calls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
1 comment:
Just read in my Piecemakers catalogue that you'll be showing some quilts there. It looks like it's an opportunity for you to teach. Marie Kolasinski, in her front-page article, talks about hard times as well as faith to keep going. Title: OPPORTUNITIES. That's certainly what happened when my husband took early retirement. He's been working the last ten years on what is close to being the perfect job for him, very flexible and lucrative. Here's hoping the same is true for your friends.
It's fun to see your name in various places, then read your blog to find what's on your mind today.
Post a Comment