The world record for kayaking over a waterfall has been shattered -- 186 feet. Picture dropping the equivalent of a multi-floor building...fast.
It's not the Sears Tower, but hey, I'm impressed. Nobody kayaks down the Sears Tower!
Overcast the last few days... an incredible blessing. We even got a bunch of rain. I've had a big batch of quilts to appraise, and it is much easier doing it in cool weather. Husband even went and got a jacket for supper last night while we were eating out on the terrace; we were drinking hot tea and he said, "I think this is a sign of fall coming." Don't know about that -- we have such dog days in August -- but I'm willing to hope.
The zucchini plants in the pots on the terrace are huge, with little fruits the size of my little finger -- and growing fast.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment