Lordy, it's hot here. We trudge through the day with a film of sweat all over. Smoothies and hot fudge sundaes do a soft shoe through my reverie, like those dancing hot dogs on the movie commercials. Buck the dog finds a spot by the loudest fan, and hunkers down for the afternoon.
And wouldn't you know it -- this is the week I've got a ton of appraisals to finish up. Which means hauling quilts around, piling them, letting their warmth and weight flow all around me. (sigh)
Ah well. At least I can enjoy their beauty -- and try really hard not to drip moisture on them.
Daughters and I head to New York City next week for the annual meeting of the PAAQT appraisers. (You can find out more about them here. An excellent group to learn more about your textiles.) We'll be there from Aug. 4-10; our hotel (and the conference) is in the garment district, but we plan to wander all around.
Any suggestions on great food and places to go? I heard about Yorkology, which has some interesting ideas. Maybe even a Letterman show taping, -- who knows.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Makes Sense...
Unless the King appointed you personally as the Judge of All. Why not let Him take care of it, instead?
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment