Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ups, Downs... And Trust

My friend is dying. 

I have known her and her husband since our girlies were little. The past few years, I often played piano with her, visiting her little condo. Now she lies curled up on a nursing home bed, her eyes flickering and hands moving now and then. Unresponsive.

Another friend survived a major seizure (which she 'coded' during, while we were fooling around in Tucson), then less than a week later, a stroke. She's recovering well, with no physical or mental damage...amazing in itself. But still.

Maybe it's because these are both coming so close to the 5th anniversary of Pa's death. Death seems to be breathing down the necks of those I love. (Or at least hovering nearby.)

At the same time, I've gotten several business-related opportunities...invitations I'm thrilled to get, appraisals I've enjoyed doing. Daughter Angel's biz is thriving...in fact, she just broke 150 sales from the inventory we bought in Tucson. (What a girl!)

How can so many good things happen, and so many bad things happen at the same time?

It is hard to trust God -- that He knows exactly what's happening, and cares deeply about His children. And that all these work together in His grand plan, even when I don't have a clue how.

But you know something? I believe He's worth trusting on this. I'd stake my life on it. 


2 comments:

Angel said...

Are you okay? I will call you when I get a break from work. Love you

Cindy Brick said...

I am ok, Lovey...just feeling weird.

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...