Sunday, January 3, 2010

(Almost) Back in the Saddle Again

The day we took Da Mama to the airport, Husband and I went to Denver for a few days...not that many miles from home, technically speaking, but it felt like a continent away. We slept in, ate breakfast while watching the passersby (nothing like enjoying your coffee inside when people are shivering down the street outside past you!), and spent some time with Daughter #1.

And I hardly looked at biz stuff. A rare occurence nowadays.

Have you decided to join the Eat from the Pantry Challenge too? MoneySavingMom helped start it, but a whole bunch of people are vowing to spend a bare minimum on grocery purchases this month, electing to live primarily off stuff from their pantries and freezers. Other than catching myself reaching for extra meat at the supermarket this week (I was shopping for a wedding open house I helped cater on New Year's Day), and mentally spanking my hands away, it's going great. Nothing critical's needed..and I even have a spare gallon of milk stashed in the freezer. Yay!

Hope your newest year is beginning to perk along, too. See you on Monday, when the Christmas tree's down, floor's swept, and I start to get into the swing of things.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...