Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Imaginary Friend

 "My daughter, when she was 3, used to talk about her imaginary friend all the time. Said he was big and fun, and spent a lot of time playing with her. One day I was scanning old photos and had a photo of my father on my desk and she said, “hey how did you get a photo if my friend?”


I instantly got shivers down my spine. My father died in the house ~15 years previously, and she played in a room that used to be his office.

I cautiously asked her to tell me more about her friend, and without hesitating she told me he talked funny. The chills stopped me dead in my tracks because dad was an Aussie who never lost his accent."

No comments:

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Yeah, It's Spring (Sort Of)

     Another storm this past weekend -- rain, then snow mixing with rain, then snow. The trees and sage were suitably frosted when we got ho...