Friday, December 16, 2022

Nine Days...

 


Am I ready, willing and organized for Christmas to come next week?

Ha.

When you sing for church, this generally means you get booked a lot -- including Christmas Eve. So that will mean a quiet evening. (It takes a lot out of you.) We'll drive to one set of kids' for Christmas dinner, then have the Seven Fish Dishes later in the week. The kids enjoy contributing to this now, so I only have two dishes to come up with -- plus desserts. Which means Sachertorte and more cookies to make. (Peanut butter is done -- I have Russian teacakes, Banket, 7-layer Bars and Sugar Cookies to go.)

Some presents to wrap. Not many -- we already delivered an adult version of an Advent calendar. Mini bottles of mixers and liquor, plus candy bars and other goodies -- one per day. Which meant wrapping more than 50 little packages. Oof.

The tree is up. No ornaments (ours are in Michigan), but we borrowed lights from our friends, and I'll get some tinsel when we're next in town.

It looks lovely. 





We've seen more than our share of goofy Christmas movies...which drives the Brick totally crazy. But he'll watch 'em if I put them on. Like Christmas For A Dollar -- which I just bought at the thrift shop for 80 cents!


It will be a quiet holiday around here, compared to some years. But at least we're home in Colorado, and spending time with our kids. I have missed that so much these past years. I miss The Mama and the rest of our family, too, but it can't be helped. She is gone now -- and they won't move from Michigan. (The stinkers.)

Here's hoping your Christmas is developing peacefully, too. 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! It will be so different without your Mom! Grateful you have your girls and family! Enjoy your time together!❤️🎄

Cindy Brick said...

It will... and mostly, I'm okay with that. But there are moments when I choke up.

Doing better most of the time. Thanks for your kind remarks...and for writing.

Jeannie said...

I love your big picture window.

I am sorry you are missing your Mom. I understand.

Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Frugal Hits & Misses: April Report

 Tired. Just tired. But a week's visit to see family in Washington helped. Now on to finishing up things, so I can start new things. One...