Tuesday, October 24, 2023

And.... Here's Yet Another Reason Why I Didn't Watch Game of Thrones

 






Not to mention:

*Sean Bean was wiped out early in the first season. I love Sean Bean. Especially in the Sharpe series, but he was good in the Lord of the Rings saga, as well. (Yes, I know. He was killed fairly quickly in that one, too.)


*A near-gleeful slopping on of blood, mud and gore, often for no reason. It felt like the writers said, "We can't figure out how to end this. I know -- we'll kill someone in the most disgusting way possible!'

 And this is coming from someone who's been fond of The Walking Dead.  (Though it did kind of lose its way toward the end.)

*The incest -- YUCK.

*That lovely scene with Jason Momoa forcing his new bride to bend over -- so he could have at it and consummate their marriage. Very businesslike about it, too.


The costumes? Wonderful. Especially the patterned silks and fur-based designs. 

The wide-open landscapes? Great.

The creative monsters and sets?  Liked them, too. 

 I have plenty of friends -- and daughters -- who loved it. But the few bits I watched...just felt dirty. 


No comments:

Making Their Point