Cranston Printworks is shutting down its Massachusetts plant...and losing its title as the oldest American fabric manufacturer. It started in 1812 as part of the Samuel Slater group of companies.
So far,the company technically still exists in the U.S. It still has some warehousing going on. But I suspect they will close completely, once their fabric stocks are depleted. Company reps said fixed costs for operating in the U.S. were too high, compared to overseas prices.
What a crying shame. Read more about it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Makes Sense...
Unless the King appointed you personally as the Judge of All. Why not let Him take care of it, instead?
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment