...as hail fell gleefully down this afternoon. At least, it was only small pieces.
Turned in revised introduction and Chapter 1 of The Book...ahhhh, relief.
Now to catch up on the rest of the my life. This afternoon, I cleared away the choking weeds from the strawberries and spread compost around them. Then the rain poured down. Boy, did they look fresh and grateful! Little berries are thick under the plants.
Dad brought raspberry plants from Michigan a few years ago for the herb garden. I babied those little buggers for more than a year, but they just lagged around. Come spring, they never came back up. This year, a friend up the road dug up some of her blackberry plants, and I hopefully planted what looked to be two big sticks.
Bear in mind: berries aren't supposed to do so well out here. Our soil is alkaline, and most berries like acid soil.
Somebody forgot to tell that to my new blackberry plants -- they're practically leaping out of the ground!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Makes Sense...
Unless the King appointed you personally as the Judge of All. Why not let Him take care of it, instead?
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment