The Alzheimer Art Quilts Initiative has awarded a $10,000 research grant to the University of Pittsburgh... hooray!
I have been honored to be a part of this group. Its efforts to fight the needless waste of so many wonderful, quick minds (including the founder's, Ami Simms,' mom, Mimi) have been one of the best quilting outreach projects in recent years.
Ami, I'm proud of you. "Mom" would have been, too.
Read all about it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment