Trent at the Simple Dollar has an interesting post on "living in the moment." To him, that means using his frugal wiles in everyday life, on things as small as grocery lists. He has some good ideas on making notes to yourself about quantity -- and not buying anything that's not on the list.
It's good advice, especially since I'm headed to the grocery store, right after a stop at the post office, the thrift shop and the printer! Safeway's has round steak for $1.69 a pound -- a real buy around here. They've also got lettuce, mushrooms and strawberries for giveaway prices. Can I get just those items -- ok, shrimp's on sale, too -- and nothing else?
Will try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment