Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Things I Don't Understand -- the Jaws Version

 You just knew I was going to do this, didn't you??

Yes, I find shark movies intriguing. Maybe it's growing up in Michigan, where ponds, lakes and swimming pools are a dime a dozen. The worst we had to worry about in nearby Camp Lake were the bluegills that lived in the weeds, and nibbled at our toes. I was more frightened by the deep end in our uncle and aunt's pool. (What if something sneaked in when I wasn't looking?)

There was never any threat of Something Huge leaping up and chomping us. The Brick, on the other hand, grew up in North Carolina and spent many weekends on Emerald Isle. He has a healthy respect for sharks, and other things that go bump in the ocean. 

At any rate, in honor of Shark Week, here's a big gulp of all things shark-related. (More 'Things I Don't Understand' posts here, as well, if you're curious.) Hopefully Jason Momoa will notice -- and stop by to say hi.
















Yup, I can relate. 



Land shark.  




2023 feels like that, too.








Poor Michael Caine:




Or the Spanish Inquisition, for that matter. 
(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)


Back to Fishy-er subjects.
















There you go.













And my favorite:



So ridiculous.


P.S. I got the Brick to watch a movie with me this past weekend: The Reef, about an Australian group who ends up swimming ten miles or so after their boat sinks...and gradually picked off by the great white following them. (Supposedly it's based on real events. The true story is much more interesting.) Lots of swimming. (Resting, mostly.) Lots of dramatic music and scanning the water. Don't bother. 



No comments:

Making Their Point