Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Think About It...

 


And in spite of what the Associated Press has been saying, it was NOT "filmed at a famous lynching site." (Nice try, though, AP.)

For those Gentle Readers whose sensibilities are offended by this song --

It's not racist, when it protects anyone, of any color, going through hell like this. It's not incendiary, either -- if you don't do the things mentioned. So how is it so awful, Offended Types? (And I'm not the only one wondering.)
    Let's put it this way:

Would you want this happening to you? Your family? On your front porch?
 In YOUR town?!?


"There is not a single lyric in the song that references race or points to it- and there isn’t a single video clip that isn’t real news footage -and while I can try and respect others to have their own interpretation of a song with music- this one goes too far."

            ---Jason Aldean

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This is a great song and not one thing wrong with it. Jason and his wife are just in the spotlight for being conservatives. She's spoken out plenty of times and now this. Just another woke agenda. Sorry :) I just found your blog and this was the first post I saw and had to comment. Feel free to remove it if you need to :) Otherwise, it's nice to "meet" you :)

Cindy Brick said...

Why would I remove what you said, Debbie?!? Naaah...actually I agree with you. But even if I didn't, I'd leave it up.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you stop by regularly.

Making Their Point