Well.
The Nuggets won Game 3, and lost Game 4. Which nobody in Carolina cared about, because their team has lost its playoff run in hockey.
Hmmmphf.
It has been hot and humid here...I trudge about with a thin film of moisture coating everything. Opened a bag of Cheetos yesterday -- left it out for a few hours -- and what was crunchy suddenly was more like wooden sticks.
My buddies here in Raleigh (North Carolina) say this is extra hot for this time of year. We've had some hummers of thunderstorms, too. I've been impressed at how patient my students have been, even when they trudge through the heat, or duck out of thunderstorms. The people here at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium have been quite wonderful.
It was redwork this morning, a dating lecture this afternoon. Tomorrow, it's Quilts of the Pioneers all day...then Sunday, a dating/restoration class. Then home.
I am learning leaps and bounds about North Carolina culture, likes and dislikes. I even bought darling Husband a moon pie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment