Friday, September 18, 2020

Another Great One Is Gone

 NEWS ALERT:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg died today (9/18). She was one of the U.S. Supreme Court Justices -- and its only female justice. She was 87, and had struggled with ill health for some time. (More about her here.) [Update: my readers have my back -- she wasn't the only female justice, but she did predate her colleagues by some years. See reader comments for the other justices.]

I didn't always agree with Ginsburg's politics, but I admired her verve, can-do attitude and thoughtful comments very much. She made me think -- that is a high compliment I can not always give.

She will be missed.


Ruth Bader Ginsburg in 2016 (Wikipedia)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gentle correction: Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor are also women who are current U.S. Supreme Court Justices.

Anonymous said...

Elena Kagan and Sonya Sotomayor are women on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Cindy Brick said...

You're both right! Thanks for the correction. Ginsburg preceded them by quite some years, but she wasn't the only female member.

President Trump has already said that he'd nominate a woman to succeed her. Which seems only fitting.

Thanks for writing.

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...