Saturday, January 29, 2022

Postlude

    We were all exhausted after The Mama's funeral service. My brother did an amazing job, reading her obituary and scripture -- and staying calm all through the memories that people mentioned during the lunch afterwards. (He hosted the proceedings.)

     By the time the Brick and I made it home, I was aching all over, with a pounding headache and a fever that comes and goes. We wonder if it's Covid...it certainly is one of the stranger flus I've ever had. 

     That meant cancelling everything for the weekend - and heading for bed. It should be fairly quiet anyways, with people returning home (including our kids) and phone calls/texts dying down. 

     We all need the rest.


P.S. UPDATE:  It was Covid. And I graciously passed it on to the Brick a few days later, poor guy.







No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...