According to the Wall Street Journal, as well as a number of other sources, techno-spies have seriously invaded the U.S.'s electrical system. Not only that, but they've put in 'sleeper' software that, if activated, could shut things down in a hurry.
No one would have found this if electrical companies had not given the government permission to do an audit on their systems.
It's thought that these hackers were from China and Russia primarily, though those countries are denying any responsibility.
Read more here:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gTamvV9J8BmeVmQift2odb--mBigD97EJO000
Are you as creeped out about this as I am?
I'm also surprised that the articles seem to have been pushed aside very quickly by the media. Better not to think about it, perhaps they're reasoning. Can't do anything about it anyways... who knows, but I saw the article this morning -- and really had to search for it tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment