Saturday, April 25, 2009

One Pot Meals Rule!

...especially if they're via the crockpot. Without it, I'd have a tough time keeping food on the table while I'm working. Fifteen or twenty minutes of work before I head out the door, and a wonderful fragrance wafts through the air when I get back that night.

It's a great help when I'm headed out of town, as well. Dave lived for a few nights on chili last weekend, thanks to the trusty crockpot.

Yum.

Ham and pea soup is simmering in the crockpot right now, and brightening a gloomy Saturday. What's in it? A meaty ham bone, 1 chopped onion, a shake or two of chicken seasoning, 3 cups of dried peas. Fill the crockpot 2/3 full, let simmer at low for 7-9 hours. Pull the hambone and clean off the meat -- give the grungy stuff to the boys. (One gets the fat and such; the other, the bone.)

Here are more ideas:

http://www.aldenteblog.com/2009/03/easy-one-pot-meals-1.html

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...