Snow. Ice. More Snow -- blowing sideways for good measure. Or upside-down. Rightside-up.
I was supposed to do appraisals today at the Creative Needle in Littleton -- only 20 minutes or so away. Nothing doing, right?
Naah. I called -- and they said, "What snow? We've just got a little rain here!"
And so they did.
So Husband and I slipped and slid our scary way to the edge of Denver -- where the blizzard magically disappeared, and we drove into Rainy Day Land.
The Creative Needle staff is great -- thanks to all of you, especially Marge, for your kindness -- and I couldn't resist buying a nice batch of batiks (they have the best selection), some hologram threads, a batch of sewing-themed hankies and some iridescent floss. Drooled over the glass buttons and beads Marge's son makes...lovely.
By the time I left at 4 p.m., the snow was just beginning there...and five miles later, we were right back in Storm Land.
Weird.
A nice cozy fire. Popcorn. THE BOOK on my mind. And Carolina winning its way to Monday night's final confrontation -- with Michigan State!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday Stuff on the Way to Other Stuff: Getting Up
...and getting the Brick out the door, lunch in hand. This early schedule wears on late-night people like me. I can do it -- but really, t...
-
[Update on the Update! Kate Spain's posted a final comment. I'm not sure she still completely understands the struggle quilting prof...
-
It's raining here. A lot. This would not be a surprise in other parts of the world, particularly Michigan, where I grew up. On our tri...
-
Another squeaky-tight month for us...but with God's grace and a lot of holding back, except largely essentials, we're ok. Early in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment