Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dazed and Confused

my inner self has no idea what's going on.

It's been extremely chilly in Colorado. Tonight, I'm in the Houston area -- Humble, TX exactly (pronounced "Umble"), getting ready to judge a show tomorrow.

Chilly it ain't.

After a fun-packed few hours jammed between a girl who either blabbed on her cell phone, listened to stuff on her earplugs so loud that it came through loud and clear for me...oh, and my favorite -- woke me up out of a sound sleep so she could go to the bathroom. Just before we landed. Where the bathrooms are not only much easier to use, but less smelly, to boot.

No. She needed to use the bathroom ON THE PLANE.

Wanna know who was on the other side? A mom with a cute young baby. With lungs of leather. (The baby, not the mom.) Who liked to practice with them. Repeatedly.

I staggered out of the terminal after this fun experience, and nearly ran smack dab into palms. And flowering bushes. Big ones. Wow...and tropical!

It's going to take some time to get used to this. Fortunately, my inner self is getting used to the time change -- and the altitude change (begone, headache) -- and has absolutely no idea what time it is. So this may take a while.

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...