Thursday, May 14, 2020

Things I Don't Understand: The Mom Version

Yes, Gentle Readers, it's time for another rendition of one of my favorite things to moan about. You've seen a bunch of these -- but I hope you're enjoying them, all the same. I sure do.

Think of it as celebrating Mother's Day a bit late. Actually, we didn't celebrate it at all here -- the girlies are still concerned about spreading the virus. I did get two lovely phone calls, though.

A Florida woman is arrested for beating her husband with a bouquet of Mother's Day flowers. She says at least she didn't spit on him...


   Or try a dog that's throwing up all night -- it's amazing how quickly you can whip out of bed and get to the door. We just did this with Charley. Fortunately, he's feeling much better.

Me? Do that, Mom? Ummm... yes.


My favorite: when Daughter #1 screamed out, "Stop ABUSING me!"
Boy, was my face red. (I'd tjust told her to quit doing something or other.)



Now that it's just us two, I refuse to eat food that's cold because 
it's been sitting there, waiting for someone. (Ask the Brick.)




Yep, did this. Kicking under the table works, too.

Never did this. But saw others who did.

When things get really quiet...that's when the danger is.


It's Tostitos with Lime for me...




Daughter #2, are you listening?
(Actually, once achieving adulthood, she got a lot better about this)




It's not just kids -- the Brick still does this.
(Of course, I NEVER do. Yeah, right.)


Or leave the pans that I normally store in there --
still in there, while I'm preheating for something else.
(The perils of living in a smaller space.

Maybe this would work?)



On the other hand, what would I have done without my wonderful Mama.
I'm very grateful for her.



No comments:

Spring Is Here... And Updates

       We have now lived in Fort Garland for five months. It's been interesting to see how spring arrives here in the 'High Desert:&...